Michael J. Synowiecki practices at the state and local levels of government on a wide variety of matters. Michael began his career in government at the Chicago City Council Committee on Finance, where he monitored legislation at both the state and local levels and reported various legislative initiatives directly to the Chairman of the Committee, Edward M. Burke, and key personnel of the City of Chicago, for over five years.
Michael has advocated on behalf of various Fortune 500 companies and privately held businesses with respect to government compliance and procurement related issues. Michael is registered to lobby on behalf of clients before the State of Illinois, City of Chicago and County of Cook.
Michael is a member of the Illinois Bar and a graduate of the John Marshall Law School. During law school, Michael worked as a judicial extern for Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne M. Burke.
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D.
Judicial Extern — Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne M. Burke
- Governors State University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
Transactions in which Michael Synowiecki has acted as lead counsel include:
- Representation of privately held business with respect to its acquisition of 74.78 gross acres of real property, transfer of an Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Permit and various governmental approvals necessary to complete the acquisition.
- Acted as special counsel to a municipality with respect to an acquisition and development agreement which included the development of a 300 acre industrial park.
- Representation of a non-for-profit organization with respect to a real estate syndication involving the acquisition of a 78 acre assemblage of real estate by means of various methods of financing, including a disbursement of Affordable Housing Tax Credits.